Bullying is a conscious, willful, deliberate, hostile, and repeated behavior by one or more people where the behavior is intended to harm others. Bullying may be classified as verbal, physical or social/relational harassment. Bullies may or may not know their victims in real life as in the case of cyberbullying.
Bullying includes, but is not limited to:
- Power Imbalance - occurs when a bully uses his or her physical or social power over a victim
- Intent to Harm - the bully seeks to inflict physical or emotional harm and often takes pleasure in this activity
- Threat of Further Aggression - the bully and the victim believe the bullying will continue
- Terror - when bullying increases, it becomes a systematic violence or harrassment used to intimidate and maintain dominance.
Behaviors associated with bullying include:
- Threat of Serious Violence
If you are a victim of bullying or are aware of it occurring, please...report it!